Thursday, June 5, 2014

Thankful Thursday

Everyday I have so much to be thankful, too much almost. I can't possibly list them all but today on Thankful Thursday, I want to share with you a small handful of what I am feeling very grateful for this week.


#1....I am VERY thankful to have a husband that is so darn handy and such a hard worker. I have yet to find a single thing this man of mine can't fix, build or create. We have never had to hire work out because this guy can do it all. From rewiring a house to repairing sprinkler systems, my husband is the ultimate handy man. I also am thankful that he doesn't shy away from hard work either. He will work back breaking labor all day to take care of whatever needs to be done. I have known many women who have lazy husbands and I am thankful to the moon and back for my hardworking, capable, loving husband.

#2....I am thankful for friends who were willing to sacrifice their time to come by and take care of our pets and check on things while we were out of town. It was a great relief to be able to make our trip without worrying about having to put the pets in a kennel and also knowing that they were in good hands.

#3....I am thankful for mechanical breakdown insurance! Most people have never heard of this but for very little a year if your vehicle qualifies, you can get coverage for any breakdowns your vehicle might have. Over the weekend the engine cooling system on my car kicked the bucket and was overheating pretty badly. My husband was able to repair it himself but when he checked on the prices for the parts he would need, they were more expensive than our deductible for the mechanical breakdown insurance. For this reason we decided it would just be easier and cheaper to make a claim and let the professionals fix it. This saved us time and money.

#4....I am thankful we have two vehicles...for the above mentioned reason.

#5...I am thankful we were finally able to find a pet that meshed well with our daughter. She adores animals but for some reason animals don't always adore her back. This often leaves her feeling sad since she desires to be around animals so much. Thanks to craigslist we were able to find a FREE cat when we moved that was already spayed, micro chipped and had all her vaccinations. To our amazement the cat took right to our daughter and has made her very happy ever since.

#6...I am thankful for the lovely views of trees I get to see everyday when I look out my windows. We have lived in some very desolate places were greenery was a rare luxury so having a space of my own surrounded by lovely trees is very special to me.

#7...I am thankful for my mother and sister who have patiently listened and offered advice while we try to come up with a name for our new baby. My husband and I tend to be quiet picky when it comes to names so it has been an ordeal let me tell ya! hahaha.....and no we still don't have a clue what this little boy or girl will be called yet.

#8...I am thankful for the volunteers at our local community garden that take time out of their week to lead a children's gardening club and class that our daughter has enjoyed now for two years.

#9...I am thankful for the fact that I have enough food in my pantry and fridge, so many in the world simply do not have any food in their homes at all.

#10...I am thankful...extremely thankful....for this little life growing inside me that I thought I would never have. I am also thankful the little one is doing well and that my pregnancy has complication free thus far. We got to finally hear the heartbeat earlier this week and it was the most amazing sound I ever heard. Here in a few weeks we will get to find out whether we are having a boy or a girl and I am sooo excited!

What are you thankful for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment