Monday, June 23, 2014

Menu Plan Monday-Another Cheap Week

Good Morning! It's Menu Plan Monday again over at Organization Junkie so head over and check out what other folks have on their menus for this week as well.


Last week was full of uncertainties and I didn't stick to my menu as well as I usually do. A few nights we had extra leftovers so we at those instead of me preparing another meal off the menu.
A few days our schedule got a bit hectic and we ended up having "fend for yourself" meals where basically everyone just makes themselves a sandwich, bowl of cereal, heats up leftovers or whatever they want. I hate those days but kids seem to enjoy it when Mom says they can have cereal for dinner.! hahaha

Due to last weeks issues, some of the meals I had planned never got made so I am moving them over to this weeks menu since I still all the ingredients for them. I spent a total of $47 at the grocery store getting what extra groceries I needed which wasn't much thankfully. Here is what is planned for this week....

Breakfast
malt o meal
muffins
french toast with fruit
eggs and toast
smoothies
some repeated throughout the week

Lunch
leftovers
sandwiches(PB and Eggsalad)
salads with tuna or chicken
paninis
some on repeat throughout the week

Dinner
hamburgers cook on the grill
spaghetti, salad, garlic bread(made from leftover hamburger buns)
spinach quiche
chopped steak, taters and brocoli and cheese
salmon patties, oven fries and cold slaw
Pancakes with fruit and either bacon or sausage
tacos with all the fixins and cancun salad

Snacks
fruit
veggies with dip
crackers and cheese
nuts
yogurt
homemade cookies
granola


No comments:

Post a Comment