Monday, June 2, 2014

Menu Plan Monday- week of June 2nd


Happy Monday! It's time for Menu Plan Monday over at the Organization Junkie and as usual I am joining in.  This week I needed to use what I had in the freezer and in the fridge as much as possible. We don't have much freezer space so I rotate my stock pretty regularly to avoid things getting freezer burn and such. Also I had some items in the fridge that needed to be used up before they expired so the first thing I did was make a list of all the items in my freezer and fridge that I needed to use up this week.
Ignore the messy handwriting lol
My goal also was to not have to buy any meat when I went and did my shopping for this week so I planned my menu around what meats I had on hand. I knew the frozen hamburgers patties and the chicken brats would be eaten up for lunches so I didn't plan on using those for my main meal so left a bit of chicken, a few pork chops and a few pounds of hamburger meat left to get us through the next 7 days. Here is what I came up with for this weeks menu.....

Breakfast
french toast
banana muffins
eggs and toast
cereal
oatmeal
smoothies
omelets

Lunch
leftovers
hamburgers using the patties I froze
chicken brats
egg salad sandwich
tomato soup and crackers
pb&j sandwich
tuna melt sandwich


Dinner
Bbq chicken and corn on the grill with spinach salad
loaded baked potato bar
chicken alfredo with salad
cheesy beef and rice skillet with sautéed green beans
veggie stir fry
crock pot taco pie and cancun salad
chicken and spinach wraps


Snacks
fruit
veggie sticks
crackers
nuts
cheese
yogurt
whatever homemade treats I make this week (cookies, muffins, granola bars, etc...)


I was able to do all my shopping for this week at one store which was a time and sanity saver for sure! My grand total for this week's groceries was $106.12 Down from the last week so that makes me a happy mama! I know it would have been a bit higher if I had to buy any meat for his week but I am still pretty pleased. Ideally I would like to get my food cost for the week down to $100 a week including meat so that is the goal I am currently working on. 

All in all my family seems excited about this weeks menu, there are a few meals  on there that we have not had in a while and are looking forward to having again and as my daughter has voiced, "Oh good nothing too weird on the menu this week!" hahaha

Hope everyone is having a marvelous Monday!







No comments:

Post a Comment